Sunday, November 25, 2012

What is a blog hop?

A year ago I started this blog and since then I am always learning something new, lately I discovered something new to me, is the world of "blog hops".

In my search for information I found a site where this is well explained, is Linky Tools, at that site they explain the following;

-A blog hop is a linky list that is shared on multiple blogs.
-When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the exact same list appears on each blog.
-Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list. The
entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.
-Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!

If you want more information this is the link.

I think that it's a great way to discover new blogs and maybe to find new bloggy friends.
It was while visiting the blog of my great friend  Maria, that gave me the curiosity to find out more about this topic. There are now some blog hops that interest me and that I want to share with you.

There is a blog hop already started on 21 November and that runs until 30 November the participants are making some  beautiful pillows, I will add here the button




I was surfing online from one blog to another trying to  find the pattern to do this pillow, until finally I found it here , at the site of Jillily Studio.




The other blog hop is this;
 

 
 
To find the various tutorials to make pouchs you have to go to the Flickr group,
the link is near the bottom of her post. When  you are on the Flickr page, you will
find under the photos, a blue text that says Recommended tutorials, click there and
you will find several tutorials to choose from.
If you want to make a pouch, this is the place to share your creations.
 
 
 
Finally there is another blog hop and the information is on the site of Daryl, a dear bloggy friend, is in Patchouli Moon Studio's blog. This blog hop is in December, this is the link I invite you to visit her blog for more information, I also want to mention that Daryl will give a giveaway when she reaches 300 followers, and only is missing one!
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are still things I do not understand, one of them is how sign up to
participate, perhaps there is someone that can give me a little more information
about how this works.
Meanwhile I'll do the Holiday Lane Pillow  and I will enjoy the beautiful creations
made by the participants.
 
Have a happy sewing day!
 
Marisa.


2 comments:

Maria said...

I had seen the first one with the Christmas pillow but I didn't know the pattern was a freebie. Thanks so much for the link to it. It's amazing what we bloggers can do when we put our heads together. LOLL

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Hi Marisa. If you go to my blog and click on the blog hop button either on my posting or on the right sidebar it will take you to the quilting gallery link where they explain the whole blog hop and how to participate if you would like to.

Sew we quilt blog with Madame Samm is always hosting blog hops, so if you follow her blog, you will hear about when she announces the next blog hop and how to participate if you want to or just when the hops are with the links to hop and visit other blogs. They are fun to participate in and visit too.

Thanks for the link to my blog Marisa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...