Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Canadian Smocking pillow

The advantage of having a deadline is that I am forced to devote myself to complete the project. I finished my pillow and I love how it turned out. The most important thing for me is that I tried a technique that always caught my attention, the canadian smocking.  Here is the project with which I will participate to the challenge, a smockig canadian pillow.

 
 
I found this challenge while visiting Pam's blog ( Threading My Way ), is a blog I
visit regularly and that I love, I recommend it to you in case you have never
yet visited. From Pam's blog I went to visit the blog of Rikka (Ricochet and Away
and is another blog I discovered and that I love, I also recommend it to you, she
has nice projects and tutorials,  is on Rikka's blog that I found the challenge.
 
 
I want to show more photos I took, I tried to put in value the 3D effect that is
achieved with this technique. Here are more pictures
 


 
 
If you want to jump on the adventure of making a canadian smocking, Rikka has in
her blog the link to the tutorial, click here,   by reading her post you will find 
the link to the Canadian Smocking tutorial.
Thanks for your visit to my blog.
Have a nice day.
Marisa.


23 comments:

Ricochet said...

Fabulous! I love it! The way you finished the cushion with the trim and the buttons was very effective. I love how it crosses at the corners, an amazing detail! Congrats on meeting my challenge!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Now that's an awesome cushion, Marisa!!! I love the Canadian smocking with what appears to be different coloured fabrics. Finishing it off with the band around the smocking and then the buttons looks fabulous!!!

Maria said...

Wow!!!!!!! That looks fantastic. Love how the different colours come up on the cushion and also love the trim and button. It's perfect.

bethmacaw said...

Marisa, the pillow is BEAUTIFUL. I did not know about this technique, but I love the look. Great job, hopefully I can try one in the future (other projects first LOL). Thanks!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Marisa your pillow turned out so beautiful.

Squirrels do Sew said...

Oh...sooooo beautiful. I just love the way the pillow turned out and the buttons are so right in the corners. This is something I must try. Looks really advanced but hopefully it is easier than it looks, or.... :-)
Lotta

Lourdes said...

Your pillow turned out beautiful. I had no idea one could do something like that with fabric. LOL

Patty said...

I don't know how I missed this but this pillow is so pretty! Beautiful work!! I love it!

Rachel said...

I like the texture! What a great idea.

anshu said...

this is just awesome! I would love to learn this technique

Mira (Sewing the Littleheart Collection) said...

That is beautiful! I am now following your blog too :)

FabricFascination said...

Love the texture on your pillow. I will have to check out the tutorial on that one.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be following your posts.

Jill said...

WOW! That pillow is just gorgeous! I'm going to have to check out the Canadian Smocking tute myself!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

Wow this is incredible!

2ne said...

I love your pillow - it is so great.
Have a creative and nice week.
Quilthug

LIÁ said...

Lindo almofadão gostei muito gostaria do grafico meu mail (mariacosta633@gmail.com)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Hi Marisa, I've featured your Canadian Smocking pillow today...
http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/10/threading-your-way-features_20.html

Little Blue Mouse said...

Oh my this is so gorgeous! I love everything about it and the colours are fabulous.

Ricochet said...

Congratulations Miss Marisa! You've won the gold prize in the Fab Folds contest. This is a fab pillow and many, many others agreed. Thanks for your enthusiastic participation in this challenge. Don't be a stranger!
Hugs,
Rikka

Linda & Paul said...

Congratulations, Marissa! Your pillow is gorgeous and surely deserved to win. All of your projects show skill, artistry and imagination. Excellent!
Linda Wangerin

Wendy said...

Congratulations! This is awesome!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations! This is awesome!!

Natashalh said...

This is beautiful! I'd never heard of Canadian smocking before. Admittedly, I'm not a smocker, but my mom is. I don't remember what random chain of blog links lead me to discover you, but I'm glad I did!

Natashalh

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...