Monday, September 24, 2012

The Fab Fold Sewing Challenge

This is the first time that I will participate at The Sewing Fold Fab Challenge.
 
 
  The challenge is to: Successfully execute pleating, pin-tucking and / or smocking
in a finished piece.
 
After some reflection, I decided to learn to do  "Canadian Smocking". Luckily there
is a good tutorial, Ricochet has it on their website, click here, in her post
you are going to find the link to the Canadian Smocking tutorial.

To participate I decided to make a cushion. Today I want to share with you one of
the first pictures I took, I just finished doing the smocking on the front of the
cushion, on the back side I will add a zipper. When finished I will share with you
the rest of the photos.
 
 
The deadline to finish this project is September 30. If anyone is interested to participate in
this challenge or if you'd like to look at the blogs of people who will participate
click here.
 
Have a nice day!
Marisa.
 

7 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Wow that looks so interesting and complicated too. Looking forward to seeing the finished cushion. It's beautiful.

Ricochet said...

This is gorgeous! I love the effect of the smocking on the subtle stripe of the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished project!
Welcome to the Fab Fold Challenge!
Best,
Rikka
Ricochet and Away!

Maria said...

I've seen this method done on the internet before and it's beautiful. You've done an excellent job of it. Looking forward to seeing the finished cushion.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

WOW!!! That was quick work, Marisa. So pleased you decided to join the group. The smocking looks involved and complicated, but very effective. Look forward to seeing the finished cushion.

Diya said...

They look beautiful. Gosh was it complicated to make it? I am a participant too, for this challenge..Your newest follower. Do visit my blog when you find time.
http://thehobbyharbor.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Your pillow is beautiful. You did a superb job in smocking it. I don't think I could sit still long enough to do something like this. I do appreciate your effort in making this lovely pillow.

USAScotsLass said...

Marissa, how large of a square of material did you start with, and what was the finished size of the smocked block?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...